Rows per page for Form View Subtables

Hello,

I would like to request the ability to limit the rows in view for each subtable on the form view. We have many entries that have over 100 rows in a single subtable, and it slows down the page.

Is this possible? Thanks so much for your consideration!

Similar to the list view option:

2 Likes

Hi Alaina,

You may apply a default filter on the subtable to filter out old rows.

1 Like

I appreciate that. Unfortunately, there aren’t any filters that would work on a consistent basis.

Hi,

I’m not quite sure the meaning of “there aren’t any filters that would work on a consistent basis”, would you mind to elaborate more on your use case?

Hi Alaina,

We do have plan to implement the feature that if the subtable has more than 3 entries, it would be collapsed as default that you will need to click to expand it to see all entries.
Will this help in your case?

3 Likes

Yes it would! For daily use. Most of the time, we just need to view and edit the top part of the page. Do you plan to allow us to turn this off for certain subtables? Or choose the amount that causes the collapse?

@Angie
Sorry for any confusion. We figured out a filter that would work dynamically! Thank you :slight_smile:

An update on my last reply - I am unable to do any dynamic filters for a useful default view for the main subtable.

We are currently looking into only showing a certain number of subtable rows on the form page by default. The full record will be displayed when clicking on “more”, or entering editing mode. Perhaps as a further enhancement to add the ability to turn it off or set a certain number of records by default.

3 Likes

Could you further clarify what you mean that you’re not able to do a dynamic filter for main subtable? There should be no need for a subtable to support dynamic filter. Dynamic filters should work for all sheet main listing pages.

Angie had suggested using a default filter to limit the records on the sheet. However, the only default filters that would work in this case would have to be dynamic because fields with dates would be used. For example: booked within the last 7 days or the check out date is after today. Otherwise, we would have to update the default filter every couple of weeks to go this route.

Yes, if we could turn it off for specific subtables, and choose how many show, that would be great.

Hi,

You may create a stand-alone field with TODAYTZ() to retrieve the date of today. Once the stand-alone field created, please create a free text field in your subtable with IF() to compare the date field in subtable with stand-alone TODAYTZ() and see if it match certain criteria. For example, if the date field in subtable larger than the stand-alone field, returns “Yes”. Otherwise, returns “No”.

Then, use that result to apply the default filter.

Note: you’ll need to apply daily formulas recalculation to make sure those formulas will recalculate on a daily basis.

1 Like

Glad you guys are working on it.
This is essential for showing inventory history without slowing down.

Thanks! I will give this a try

Hello.
How is it going with this feature?
I personally need this as I use subtables for tracking the history of transactions, and its getting big and slow (10secs+) to load the subtable. I only need the recent 25 records.

Please let me know if it is going to happen. This is very important to me.
Thanks in advance.

Are there any plans to have an entry limit choice like on the list view? I have plans to compile all transactions for each agent on one page, but this would be in the thousands per year.

Another thought would be to somehow have a filter for last ## of entries by date, or top ## entries by profit amount.

@jeff_kuo
@amy

Hi Alaina,

We are working on this one, we will update you guys when it’s ready for testing.

Thanks,

4 Likes

Hello Ragic developers, any updates on this feature?

Anyway I just wanted to share an easy workaround with the Ragic community that might be useful meanwhile.

Let’s say we use the subtable to track all the transactions involving a “Item X”. This item have lots of movements, making the subtable very long and laggy after several months.

A workaround is to basically create a new version of the “same” item and retire the old one. For example we have “Item X”. We can then rename it “Item X (2020)(old)”, and then create a new item named “Item X” again.

We need to have a yes/no field named “Active”. So that we can put the old versions inactive and the Invoice only lets you use the active version. Also we have to transfer the inventory from the old version to the new one. The new version will start blank, but we can always go back to see the old version transaction history.

Looking forward to this feature.