Rows per page for Form View Subtables

The subtable default filter doesn’t seem to work for others. it’s only for the user who set it.
I vote for this feature. we have more than 50 rows, and everything is slow. it would be nice only to see 25 rows at the time.

Vote this! It’s been two years. Any updates @Angie ?

Hey,

This is a great new feature! I will surely be able to make use of it as well!

However, I have to say that the “work around” is brilliant!

i.e. You can setup default filtering on the sub table as you probably already know! And if you wish to do this like say for a specific period, the last 12 month, last quarter, week, whatever, you can do that too!

I have taken note!

Thanks

Kane

Hi everyone,

We are aware of your interest in the development progress of the subtable filtering and hiding feature. Since implementing this feature requires careful consideration of the form’s underlying design logic, we are currently studying ways to incorporate it without altering the existing program design.

Rest assured that once this feature is ready for release, we will provide updates in this discussion thread. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Benson

How to show the last 10 sub table record-entries made!

1.In the sub table parent sheet, form page, enter a new auto generate field, and select the “Generate sequence number based on another field” option, using the Key Filed value from the sheet that the sub table is nested within, this number will already be present in the Sub table parent sheet that we are working on. (Populate all empty field values)

2.Add another field to the same form page, enter a LEFT() formula, LEFT(value, length), value being the previously created new field, that we had set to be autogenerated, and the length being the number of “numbers” present in the sequence in the same said field. So now you will have a unique sequence for each individual sub table. (Populate all empty field values)

1. Add another field, with “1” as the default value. (Populate all empty field values)

Now navigate to the form page that has the sub table nested in it…

1. And the newly created fields to the sub table. They can remain hidden.

2. And add a new stand-alone field. Enter a SUM() formula in it, referencing the field in the sub table that has the default “1” values in it. I believe this will give you the total number of entries in the sub table. (Populate all empty field values)

3. And another field to the sub table (note: but this time doing so in the same form page that hosts the sub table, and not in the sub table parent sheet form page). Enter a formula to this field. IFS formula. Basically, IF stand-alone field = the unique sequence field (that we created using the LEFT() formula), then input “Yes”. Next, same if statement but minus “1”, and so until you reach “-9” that should give you 10 field values, or up to 10 field values with “Yes” in it. Then simple set a default filter on the sub table to only show entries where this field says “Yes”.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Now I have not had a chance to test this myself, so if you do, do let me/us know if it works correctly! I myself am using a formula that gives me the entries made within the past two years for a sub table that I needed to reduce visible entries in, recently, as well. Let me know if anyone needs help with constructing such, same or a similar type of sub table restriction entries view, and I would be happy to help…

As usual, best wishes!

Kane