Field ID usability enhancement

Hi,

When doing a lot of development you need to use the field ID very often and I would like to suggest a tiny enhancement to make life easier.

Currently, to get the field ID you copy and paste the value which is tricky to get just what you need when highlighting the field ID only and not the label. Then if you click it a second time it pops up with two messges.

What would be awesome is of the field ID is in a field like this.
It makes it easier to copy the ID and you can still double-click to get the other functionality.

Thanks a ton

Hi,

I’ve forwarded your feedbacks to our development team and will let you know once the adjustment is online.

1 Like

Hi,

It’s now supported to directly copy the field id from field settings. Let us know if you have any questions.

Fantastic but I am not seeing anything different and when I click the Field ID the previous behaviour still takes place.

Thanks

You don’t have to double click it, when you click on the field id, you can directly use your keyboard (ctrl + c) to copy the value.

I see, but we have been doing that all along anyway. The challenge I find is you need to be very careful not to click twice and then also as it is small text you need to be very careful when placing your mouse to highlight only the number and not the label next to it.

Not a big deal as my JSon data dictionary works well for developers, see this article.

Thanks as always for listening and helping users

Hi,

You only need to click once on the field id, and it will auto highlight the number only so that you can directly copy the number.

We cannot remove the pop up window as we still need to “change field id” from there.

Ah, I understand the change now which is the single click highlights the field ID for coping.

Thanks a ton

That’s correct!

1 Like