Update Value on another Sheet Question

I not getting the function of Update Value on Another Sheet that I would like. If there is a sheet named SEATS and another sheet named PEOPLE. I use the SEATS sheet and open record SeatID 100. I assign PeopleID 00001 (linked field). The Update Value on Another Sheet action runs on save and updates the SelectedSeatID on the PEOPLE sheet. PEOPLE sheet record 00001 has SelectedSeatID value of 100. This works as expected.

If I re-open SEATS and select SeatID 100 I see PeopleID 00001. If I clear out the field PeopleID and save, the Update Value on Another Sheet generates an error because there isn’t a PeopleID.

If I re-open SEATS and select SeatID 100 I see PeopleID 00001. If I change the PeopleID from 00001 to 00003, the Update Value on Another Sheet on save updates PEOPLE record 00003 with SelectedSeatID 100, but, PEOPLE record 00001 still has SelectedSeatID as 100 also. It’s assigned twice.

Is there a way to update a “blank” value? Is it possible to clear a value before updating the new value?

Hi,

From your description, I would say you can use show references from existing sheets to insert the “Seat” sheet to “People” sheet as a subtable. Then, you’ll be able to see the linked seats when you access the “People” sheet.

Update value on another sheet will not work for this case since it can be trigger only once for each record. Except for the first time you edit in the “Seat” sheet, your further editing on the “Seat” sheet will not be reflected on the “People” sheet.