Unwanted options on embedded form

Hi Everyone

I’m very new to Ragic so I hope this isn’t a stupid question…

I have designed a form with a subtable of selectable items which I want to embed on a web page. When I generate the code to embed this as a database form (Embed this Sheet > Database Form) the generated form adds an Add New link at the bottom of the subtable, which takes the user to a sheet where they can add a new item. I don’t want users to be able to create new items, only select from the existing ones.

I can’t find a way to remove this Add New button. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

Hi,

This depends on whether that field with the “Add New” button below it is a linked field or a selection field.

If it is a linked field, it will depend on the user’s access rights on the linked source sheet. If the user has “viewer” access rights on the linked source sheet, he or she will not be able to see the “Add New” button below the linked field.

If it is a selection field, please unselect “Allow User Add New Options” to disallow users from adding new options when creating or editing entries.

Hi Fabio

Thank you for your reply. The field is a linked field, linked to a sheet named Equipment. The only access permissions on this sheet are “Viewer”:

Despite this, the “Add New” link still appears on the embedded form.

Hi,

Could you please submit a support ticket via the “Need Help?” button located at the top right corner of your database, provide us with the respective sheet URLs, and tell us which fields are not working correctly so our support team can take a further look at the problem?