Sub-table summary of string data

Hi, I am trying to create a field that has all of the string data of one of the column in a subtable summarised under one field. At the moment, it somewhat works, where I reference that column ID in the formula of a Free-text field.

However, it shows as single long string with no spacing between each string and it doesn’t do text wrapping (the no wrap text for the Free-text field is unchecked). How do I add in the spacing and allow text wrapping.

Also, the subtable column is a autogenerated column. I noticed that if there’s no data, it shows the formula for the autogenerate. How do i remove this default?

Reason for this, is that I want to be able to filter and search this information in the sheet view. If there’s a better way of doing it please let me know too. Thank you.

Hi,

If you’re looking for a way to filter and search a text string in subtable, maybe you could try UNIQUE().
It would list all unique string in reference subtable, like if it were 00001 00002 00003 in field A2, you could apply the formula UNIQUE(A2,", "), it would return 00001, 00002, 00003 so you could filter or search that field value.

Since autogenerated is generated after saving, so formula calculation might not work as expected, it need a post-workflow to automatically recalculate formulas after saving the record.