selection cascade problem or bug or my problem?

Hi ragic members, i am here to ask some bug i faced over the cascade selection function.
Below, i attach some photo for your reference.

the design is like that,
i have 3 fields, that are planned to be linked.

one is X field, one is Y field and another is Z yield
Under X field, i have a,b,c,d,e,f,g
Under Y field, i use cascade based on X field.

a option, i have the following dropdown of 1,2,3…
and etc~~~

after i saved, it dint save as cascaded selection feature. it saved it as a lump sum of selection. (as shown in the photo selection problem 2)

i face this bugs several times.

Can anyone guide me?

selection%20problem%202

You will need to make sure both the mother and child selection fields are displayed on the same page, no matter on Listing page or Form page, or in the subtable.

If you save the design where only lists one selection field instead of both of them, it cannot be cascaded correctly.

hi amy,
I am sorry. I dont really understand what you meant by both the mother and child selection fields are displayed on the same page, no matter on Listing page or Form page, or in the subtable.

This is what i understand. correct me if i am wrong.

lets
the first level is X
the second level is Y

X and Y field must both display in the listing page.
If either one is not display on the listing page, this issue may occur?
is it???

but just now i faced one issue is i merely using selection function, i dint tick the cascade selection.
I create 2 choices
one is 有
one is 没有

but after a while, the choice becomes something like 有 | 没有。
some of my entries result become such a way…

can guide me how to use the selection function correctly??
thank you amy!

That’s correct.

In your first screenshot, you are setting cascaded selection.
When “X” and “Y” are cascaded, please make sure both of your selection fields “X” and “Y” are shown on the same page at the same time. For example, if “X” is listed on listing page, “Y” needs to be listed on listing page as well.

1 Like

may i know what is the reason, it triggers the issue i faced?
有|没有??

Thanks~

Hi amy~~~

I thought the configuration of cascade selection is okay~

but just now the issue is back~~

T.T

I dont know why~~

Hi,

As mentioned in previous reply… the issue would occur if both of the fields of the cascaded field set is not shown on the same page at the same time.

If you are not sure where to check if it’s correct, please submit a ticket through “Need Help” at upper right corner in your database, fill up the form with information regarding the sheet url and field that you have this issue with so we can check it for you.