Select from other Sheet

When you use select from another sheet, it opens up the whole sheet, even if you only need one or at most a few fields to select a record.

I would love to be able to select which fields to display on the listing page during a “select from other sheet” event and be able to make the “drop down” as small as possible.

What I am currently doing to circumvent this, is to duplicate the sheet. Then only display 1 to 3 columns just enough to identify the correct record for selection. It looks more professional and loads much faster during the selection process, though it is still way too large for a just a selection list or lookup table.

It works, but is neither elegant nor efficient. I would really appreciate this if you can look into this in future versions.

Kind regards and still loving Ragic!

1 Like

Hi Daleen,

Thank you for your suggestion and support of Ragic!
We do have plan to implement the feature that you can create different views of the sheet so that you don’t have to create multiple versions of the sheet, this can also be used for having a view of selection list (when it’s the source sheet of select from other sheet field type.)
We will let you know once it’s supported!

Best,

1 Like

Yes! I want this too!

2 Likes

Yes, this is an important feature no prevent confusion

Hi,

After discussion and evaluation from our team, we decided to keep the original way of design to achieve this needs (display different set of fields of the sheet), which is creating multiple versions of the sheet.
To have different fields visibility for different user groups of a sheet can already be done by designing multiple versions of the sheet (display different set of fields, layout, set up different access rights, or even different fixed filter. However, we do understand many users do not want to see so many sheets in the database or need to manually navigate to other versions from tabs / Home page so we are planning to have new structure of our tabs management that you (SYSAdmin) can decide which sheets to hide from the tab list that they may access it by switching from one of the multiple version they also have access to, but not from the tab list. We will let you know once this feature is supported.
In this case, please design multiple versions to have different fields visibility for each and grant access right to corresponding user groups, and set up link & load (select from other sheet) from this multiple version instead.

1 Like