Roadmap of Ragic

Dear Ragic Team,
is there any sort of roadmap for the further improvement of Ragic that you can communicate or inform the users of Ragic about? I would be very interested in hearing about the plans and the timeline that you have in mind of improving Ragic with new features, functionalities and integrations.
In general, what is the big picture for innovations in Ragic, what can users expect in the next 2-3 years in Ragic? Are any innovations coming up in terms of integrating with e.g. Nextcloud, Onedrive, GoogleDrive, etc.
It would be nice, if the Ragic team could communicate regularly what is on the agenda and what can be expected.
I am pretty sure this will also be of interest for many other power-users of Ragic.
Thanks and best regards.

4 Likes

Hi,

We release new features and fix bugs through regular updates every week. To stay informed about the latest developments, please refer to the upper right corner of the database homepage where you can find the latest news.

As we have an extensive range of feature updates planned, we are unable to disclose specific details at this time.

Regarding the integration, you may use Zapier to integrate Ragic with Google Drive, also with Onedrive.
If it can not meet your need, please provide more detail and the scenario for us to refer to.

Please noted that integrating Ragic with other platforms requires thorough research and confirmation, which may result in longer development timelines. We cannot make any guarantees regarding the availability or release dates of these integrations. We appreciate your understanding as we work towards providing the best possible support and functionality.

I have a few weeks ago the same request. The answer was the same.
So we stop the dev of a big project. I think this attitude of a development team is disrespectful: Choosing a development tool is like a partnership: both sides want to know where the journey is going. The philosophy in Hong Kong is not the same as here in Europe, for example: a different way of thinking. For me personally macho and in a certain way arrogant. Too bad, because the tool is great (now) … whether it will be like this later, gods know.

Hi, I’m Jeff the founder of Ragic.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, I see the point you and the OP is trying to make. Indeed we currently do not share the product roadmap for a few years down the road or a few quarters down the road is that in our past experiences these plans change a lot. It always felt a bit irresponsible to publicly announce a product roadmap item and then in the end not releasing the promised feature in time. And very frequently we find better and simpler ideas to improve on Ragic that wasn’t on our roadmap and decided to implement that first.

However, I do see your point. It would indeed be very helpful for heavy Ragic users to have a sense of direction of where Ragic is going. Maybe Ragic might not end up is the exact same place as planned on the roadmap, but the general direction should be similar.

With that said, I will start a new category on Ragic community to discuss the product roadmap of Ragic. The roadmap may change through time, but I do think that having more users along in the discussion could be helpful for everyone.

1 Like

Hi Jeff
I think this is a very good decision from you and I hope to see the first results soon.
Please invite me in this new dev group when ready. I’ll reconsider my decision concerning developing projects with ragic.
Frédéric Schärer, CEO
myDPS.swiss

I’ve added a new community category for the discussion of Ragic product roadmap, and written a post describing the current roadmap. Feel free to check it out here:

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
indeed this is a good decision from you, to inform and discuss the possible outlook and roadmap of Ragic by having a community thread on it. I really look forward and would be glad to contribute.
Best regards
Bernd

Hi Bernd, thank you and in case you didn’t see it, here’s the link to Ragic product roadmap!

1 Like