Ragic license offered as an add-on package for Synology NAS

I am one of the Synology NAS users.
As you know, Synology NAS offers many attractive add-on packages.
Recently, I found Ragic offered as an add-on and installed it to test its features.
The features offered by Ragic were great and I was hooked on creating Ragic applications on the NAS.
Recently, however, I discovered that there is license information in the Ragic settings menu, and I also noticed that there is an expiration date set there.

My question is, what happens if I exceed the expiration date?
In addition, what rights or restrictions are there on the licensing of Ragic applications that are offered as add-on packages?

1 Like

Hi,

The Ragic application on Synology NAS is equivalent to the on-premise version. When your license/trial expires, the system page will display a message informing you that your license has expired, and during this period, the application will be unavailable. However, your data and structure will be preserved until you renew your license to resume usage.

The permissions and features of the on-premise version are the same as the online version. Please refer to the pricing page for more information. If needed, please follow the licensing process outlined on that page to obtain the necessary license.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Please let me know the cost for me to keep my license after the expiration date.
Currently, the permissions granted to me in this add-on package version is for 1 user.
I would like to keep this number after the license renewal.

Hi,

The on-premise version requires a minimum of 10 users for licensing. If you only need it for one user, please consider using the online Professional version. For more details, please refer to the Ragic Pricing page.

Hi,
does this mean on Synology you cannot use a any free version ?

Hi Max,

Yes, Synology NAS is equivalent to the on-premise version, which is provided under Professional version and with minimum 10 users subscription.

Ok
BUT i don’t see any expiration date ore Account billing
on Synology:

Where to find expiring date or version?

On Synology I see:

I never noticed, starting a Trial?

And found this in Private Server Config:

What’s the matter here?

Hi,

Sorry for the incorrect information from above conversation.

For using Ragic on your Synology Nas is indeed taken as “Ragic On-Premise” version (it means running Ragic on your own server.)
However, you can still use it as Free version without updating with paid license after installing it.

If you would like to start the Free trial to experience the paid version, it’s usually only available on our cloud version, so that I would suggest you to register a new Ragic database account from our website “www.ragic.com” to start the Free Trial of our Professional Plan, and once you decide to pay and would like to use Ragic on your own Synology Nas, you can choose the “On-Premise” subscription from the Account Billing in your cloud-version Ragic database account.

Many THX @amy for clearing ! :+1: :grinning:

1 Like