Multiple Version Sheets - Entry Log info not updating across both sheets

This was driving me nuts for a couple of days, but I think I now know why this is happening. Please let me know if I am correct, and how to solve this problem.

I have several sheets with two layouts… Multiple Versions of the same sheet, one for External Users, and one for Internal Users (administration). I only show the Entry Log on the admin/internal sheet. However, if the External User makes some changes to his record(s) on the External User sheet, the Entry Log showing when the last change was made to the record is NOT updated. It only seems to update when information is changed on the internally used sheet (where the Entry Log fields are), even though both sheets are shared as Multiple Versions.

Is this what is happening? Is there a workaround?

Hi,

As we are not quite sure about what you meant, please submit a ticket through “Need Help” at upper right corner in your database > “Support Ticket”, fill up the form with detailed information (e.g. sheet/entry url, description and screenshot of the issue) and click below button “Grant Access to Ragic Support Team” for us to look into your database.

Yes, it would have been easier to understand if I had attached a screenshot. Sorry. I’m going to try one workaround I thought of and if that doesn’t work, I will submit a ticket. Thanks.

The problem is solved. I was using defaults #USER and $USER (as is used in the Supplier demo sheets) instead of #USERNAME and $USERNAME. Now everything is updating properly. Hope this can help anyone else struggling using the built-in templates of Ragic.

26%20PM