(Multiple) Select from other sheet?

Is there a way to make a MULTIPLE SELECT from other sheet?
Thanks,
Germán

You will need to use subtable fields to achieve it.

Thanks for your answer Amy, I will ask for it as new feature request. It seems important to me.

2 Likes

Is there a workaround? Maybe use a subtable field that is populated by the other sheet using link & load?

That’s what I suggested in the previous reply.

Ok, yes, and thank you for that instruction :slight_smile:
Still, I am wondering if link and load is the best way of populating the subtable with values from the other sheet?

It would depend on your initial needs. (with an actual example.)
Feel free to share detailed information regarding what you would like to achieve so we can point you out to the right direction.

Hi,

We just release this “multiple select form other sheet” feature. Now when you set the field type as “Select from other sheet”, you can find the “Multiple select” check box (in the Design mode):

Please note that we don’t support “loaded fields (loading corresponding values)” when you multiple select form other sheet. Hence, if you’ve already created a link and load relationship and then change the linked field to “Multiple select” type, the system will remove the link for those loaded fields .(the grey line in the link manager will be removed, but the field values which have been loaded from the source sheet will not be deleted).

1 Like

Such a great news. It saves so much trouble.

2 Likes

Great feature! But this voids the Dynamic filter - the conditional selection which worked for the single select from another sheet does not work in the multiple select mode.

Now the select drop down includes all the records from the other sheet, while i need it to show just the filtered ones.

Please add the dynamic filter to the multiple select from another sheet. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,

Multi-select from other sheets now supports dynamic filtering. :slight_smile:

It seems the multi select is not working on Dynamic filtering.

Hi,

If you have any issue about dynamic filtering to multi select, we would suggest sending a support ticket via “Need Help” on the top right corner of database page and share for information with us such like sheet URL, steps to reproduce the issue and grant Ragic Support access to your database so that we could take a closer look.

Hi all,
multiple select from other sheet apparently doesn’t support “add new” feature.
Am I wrong? Is there a way to add a record starting from the multiple select field?
thanks in advance.
S

Hi,

We do not currently support the “+New” feature in multiple select fields. To add new data, you will need to go to the source form directly. Thank you for your understanding.

thanks for your prompt answer. I hope this feature will be available in the future.

Anyway, would it be possible using some js code (called by an action button) to open the source form in a new window and, after getting focus again, subsequently refresh the multiple select field?

Hi,

We can use an action button to navigate to a different URL. Please refer to Open different page with action button for more information.
Alternatively, you can directly enter the website URL in the “Action” field. (Please refer to the screenshot.)

Regarding “refreshing the multiple select field,” I would appreciate it if you could provide more specific details and clarification. I’m not entirely clear on what you mean by refreshing the field. Thank you.

i meant “updating the list of values included in the multiple select field with the new record added in the source form”.

Hi,

Thank you for your explanation. Essentially, any updates made in the “Linked field” of the source sheet will be automatically synchronized and reflected in the target sheet. If you still have any questions, please provide more details, such as screenshots of the form design, to help us better understand your inquiry.