Multi-select validation

Hi,

We need to check for selections made for validation or filtering but it seems I we can’t do formulas on this kind of fielld.

If I remember correctly Javascript also does not give us access to the values in the field.

I am not finding any content for this in the community or docs.

Thanks

Hi,

At the moment, it’s not supported to retrieve the values from a multi-select field when writing formulas. You’ll need to change the structure to a subtable and let users input one option in each line. Then, apply formulas from there.

I have to be honest.
That makes this filed type mostly unusable except for display purposes, as you can not use it with logic, reporting or in code. I would suggest warning users not to use this field if they need to be able to perform any functions on the field values.

Making a sub-table is work around and will not always be practical as it makes the forms longer.

Regards

Hi,
multi-select validation , with javascript on pre-workflow .

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Brilliant and please can you share how in JavaScript I can do this.

Thanks you so much

We are considering adding some formulas specific for multiple select fields, such as:

INCLUDES_ALL(‘value1’,‘value2’,…)
NOT_INCLUDES_ALL(‘value1’,‘value2’,…)
INCLUDES_ANY(‘value1’,‘value2’,…)
NOT_INCLUDES_ANY(‘value1’,‘value2’,…)

Let us know if you have some other suggestions on this.

Yes I think this will be good and if we can nest those inside IF() then we can do almost anything. I might for instance want to say

1. IF includes X and Y but excludes Z as an example

Thanks