Mass Update - from one field to another (by ref another field)?

Guys is there a way to do a Mass Update to take the value found in one field and have it populate or replace the value in another field?

Just as I use the Mass Update feature at the moment, however instead of entering a value to replace a specific field, within data being filtered or not. Instead, in this case, we refer to another field.

In my case, I am replacing some Last Modified fields that I included myself, with the system fields, fields that serve the same purpose.
So, I would need to now transfer the date/time values present in the “old” Last Modified Filed" into the new system field that I have now included.

Now just before I do, I could not help but wonder, “can this be done with mass update”, ahha!

Now I don’t even want to try, though I better I ask!

Thanks,

Kane

PS_ I know can do this with "export then re-import: into another field.

Hi Kane,

I’m not entirely sure if I understand your question correctly. Are you asking if it’s possible to replace the value in one field with the value from another field? If that’s the case, then indeed, Mass Update cannot achieve this functionality. If I misunderstood, please provide us with a screenshot of your form and describe in detail what kind of operation you want to perform.

Here is a guide on how to use Mass Update for your reference. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Benson

No,

You are exactly right Benson, I would like to update values from one field with values from another.

You say Mass Update be used to do this, as I have aske dif it could?

So how then can we do this? Other than importing the data and then importing it back in?

Thanks,

Kane

Hi Kane,

I apologize for the confusion. In my previous email, I mentioned that Mass Update cannot directly update the value of one field with another field’s value. The purpose of providing the Mass Update documentation was to help you understand this feature better, not to suggest that it can fulfill your specific requirement.

Currently, the most efficient way to achieve your need in Ragic is to export the data from the sheet and then import it back into another field of the sheet. You can refer to the relevant documentation for more information: Importing & Exporting

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,
Benson