Link and load values from and reference table in same form

On a form ABC I have a reference table 1 with a Col A, Col B. As the user adds reference records in table 1 in form ABC I have another field that should only let the person select from the records added in table 1. This is all inside for ABC.

Here is a screenshot of an example created in Excel.
Selection%20from%20records%20link%20in%20the%20same%20form

Any help or alternate way of achieving this would be appreciated.

Hi,

Currently, what you’ve described can’t be achieved with the standard Ragic tool and may need further scripting.

I think that can be done.

Part 1 is a Subtable. You need to add a field that contains something unique for this parent record, let’s say the Ragic ID. You need to create a new sheet from that subtable.

Part 2 is a different subtable (Ragic can not hold 2 subtables of the same data source in one view). This table also contains the same unique ID. You add a link to other sheet field and put a filter to that link t that on selection only shows records from the first with matching ID. The filter is hidden behind the gear icon in the Link & Load section under the tool menu.

Note: If the relationship between subtable 1 and 2 is not m:n but 1:1 I would construct it differently thru a link table, reducing the complexity of that n:m into two 1:n relationships.

Happy holidays or what ever your religions calls the celebration of the winter solstice.

Oliver