Limit Cloning

Hi,

I know there is a way to stop data in certain fields being cloned, and that there is a way to stop users being able to clone entries altogether, but I was wondering if there was a way to stop users being able to clone certain sheets?

We need to be able to clone most of our sheets, but there is one sheet that we absolutely do not want cloned by anyone.

Thanks,

Terri

Hi,

Are you referring to “Clone this entry” function?

If yes, you can configure the field setting “do not clone” of all fields on the sheet you don’t want your users to clone the entries with, then no field values will be cloned.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the reply. Can I request an added feature then, that of a “Do Not Clone” option on the Form Settings somewhere, as it will take a really long time to set this for every field!

But at least there is a way to do it.

Thanks,

Terri

If you don’t want them to clone the entries at all, then remove this ability for the applicable user groups. This is found in the Feature Access Settings.

If you want them to be able to clone with only a few fields, then create a convert record button with the fields you do want. You can use auto mapping to get everything auto matched, and remove what you don’t want if you have many fields to do.

1 Like