Is there a way to preview a subtable of a record in "list view"?

My colleague wants to quickly glimpse over an invoice from the “list view” without going into “form view” to check items of the subtable. How I make a subtable be seen in “list view”

Another idea would be like with the fly-in mouse hovering over a linked field. Is this possible?

Hi,

Since one row is one record in listing page and subtable might contain more than one record, it’s not able to display subtable field value directly on listing page.

Maybe you can try create another general field and apply formula to sum subtable field value then show the general field on listing page.

I found a solution.
I made a parent sheet, then by linking a field of the invoices to that sheet’s id field, I can have the parent sheet show fly-in features.

1 Like

Hey, I was wondering too if there is a way in a listing view to show some or all of their subtables like we do when “grouping” in Excel or Google Sheets. I mean each record in the listing view to “act” like a header.

Likuan,

Ragic seem to be more of a database program than a spreadsheet program, but you can try one of the Reports and see if it that works, like say, the Grouping Report maybe.

Best of Luck!

Kane
Ragic Partner

2 Likes

Hi,

Unfortunately, the desired functionality cannot be achieved in the listing view. However, you may explore the Grouping Report feature as a potential solution. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Thank you, guys. I will explore Group Reports and maybe Pivot Tables to have the view I want.