How to: Update status of form field from subform filed

I need to keep the status of five items (main form) that have status of open or close.
In subform I want to record all changes of either of those five items that people using form, do. It might not be right approach for that task so different ideas are welcome.

Hi,

To better understand your ideal workflow, could you please provide us with all related steps, describe what’s not working currently, and attach some data examples or screenshots for us to refer to first?

There is not much more to it.
I have five variables that I always want to know their last defined status. Statuses are “open” or “closed”. This status is changed by different users of app. They can change status of either of this variables and this change need to be recorded with date, user, which variable, to what status and some text. This would be a table with change records. So users would need to se current status of variables and then have possiblity to change that status for desired variable.

I hope it is more clear

Hi,

If the “variables” are simply Ragic entries in your database where users can edit their status, the “status” field should simply be a selection field with two options: “open” or “closed”.

Changes made to the Ragic entry (or "variables) will be listed in record history. However, if you want certain Ragic fields to display the entry’s last modified time and user, you can apply default values on those fields.

I am not sure I follow. I know the selection field purpose and I use it in this case.
For keeping record of changes of those ragic entries I presumed I need a table. So you suggest the system offers records of status changes for those entries? I still would like to keep a table for it since I expect to see comments from users for each change.

Hi,

If you want to keep a table to list all changes to an entry, I would suggest creating a subtable to allow users to manually enter the entry modification details (modified user, time, details of modification, comments, etc.).

That was the idea. I do not know how to update main table of statuses of ragic variables from this subtable of change records.

Hi,

If you could provide a data example and describe your ideal working process using that data example, it would help us better understand your use case to then provide you with solutions.
If you would like to provide the details privately, please send us an email to support@ragic.com or submit the support ticket via the “Need Help?” button located at the top right corner of your database.