HELP WITH FORMULA (for empty field only)

Hello I need help creating a formula that it will make a calculation only if the field is emtpy, if there is already a value on that field I need to keep it, so it htere is a value on the that field no need to make the calculation.

Any ideas how to make a formula like that?

Thanks

Hi,

Generally, you can’t have two different types of input in the same field. Furthermore, you won’t be able to run the formulas “only if the field is empty” since that will occur circular reference.

Can you allow the Ragic support staff access to your account so we can have a look at your current design? Also, please kindly provide an actual example of the formula you would like to have based on existing entries. Then, we can evaluate if there is any workaround for you.

You can allow access by clicking the “Need Help” link on the upper-right side of your account and filling the form.

Hi, found any ingenious way for this? I realized I have the same situation. :slight_smile:

Hi,

You’ll need to create two fields, one for manual input and the other for calculation.
Then, write IF() on the field for calculation when the manual input field is empty.

For example, let’s say the manual input field locates in A1 while the calculation field locates in A2.
Then, the formulas on A2 should be IF(A1.RAW="",E3E4,A1)
Note: E3
E4 would be the calculation you would like to calculate when the A1 is empty.

In the future, when you want to manually input the numbers, just fill in the manual input field.

1 Like