External users permissions

Hello Guys,

Is it possible an External user (i.e. “User A”), with Survey rights to create and edit their own records and later create another External users (“User B and C”), with View rights only, to access the records of “User A” only?

Thanks!!

Hi,

To achieve what you’ve described, you’ll need to create multiple external user groups.

For example, create “X-Survey” and “X-View” user groups. Once created, assign User A in “X-Survey” group while User B and User C in “X-View” user group. Then, assign different access right level for those user group in global access right panel.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments Angie,

Please allow me to share with you three images from different scenarios. These scenarios are suggested for the same purpose: to create a matrix of different companies using sheets from Ragic (Web app) and let them share their own records with specific users.

Which scenario is correct?

1. CouldI create a Ragic account for each Company? (Maybe but We´d have an invoice for each Ragic account :frowning: )
  1. Should I create a Master Ragic account and Create Internal users with External Users? But how do limit each external user to see their own parent company´s records?

3.- Could I create a Master Ragic account with External users only? But how do limit each external user to see their own parent company´s records?

I´d appreciate your comments. :smile:

Hello! Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Hi,

You can put all entries into one database account instead create a database for each one of them.

As stated in the previous reply, you’ll need to create multiple external user groups to manage this kind of access right.

Let’s say you have “A parent company” and you have two different access rights, “Viewer” and “Survey”. Then, please create “X-A-View” and “X-A-Survey” external user groups. Once created, set the proper access right in global access right panel. Then, assign external users who should see the entries under “A parent company” to those external user groups. The same logic could be applied to other parent companies.

As for whether you need to add them as internal users or external users, it depends on if those users are within your organization. If they are employee in your organization, please add them as internal users. If they are vendors, clients, or customers, or other users that do not belong to your organization, you may add them as external users.

Thanks for the comments Angie!
Appreciated.