Description field in report designer

Hi,
Would it be possible to have the ability to write a free text description under the report title, so I can provide my users more details of what the report shows or how to use the filters etc. Similar to what we have available when designing a sheet.

Thanks
Shane

That’s a pretty good suggestion, we will put this down as one of our report enhancements.

The support for description on reports are now online, you can test it out now.

Hi Jeff,

I notice that the descriptions now allow paragraphs, whereas before I think they were stripped out. Either way, I would like to use the description field for sheets and reports extensively to provide clear insight and guidance to my users about what they are looking at and able to do with filters, sorting options etc.

The text here can therefore get naturally very long - would it be possible to have a ‘max’ height set against the description text, so that a ‘read more’ or ‘expand’ label reveals the fully expanded text if it exceeds this max height?

A simple change, that would offer a lot of value where you have lots of users.

Thanks
Shane

Alternatively, a more formal way of adding a rich-text user-guide per sheet or report would be a great additional feature/button.

Hi Shane,

I’ve discussed this with our developers and we will work on this enhancement.

We’ve added the support according to your suggestions on report description heights.

Thanks Jeff - Can you confirm this is available now? … I can’t see the feature in Ragic yet? …

It’s applied to most servers now, it should be ready on your server by next week.

Hi Jeff,

Can you follow this up, as it’s still not propagated to my server as far as I can tell?

Thanks
Shane