Custom Email: User Email Address

Hello!

I have a custom email set up in Ragic and it currently sends to the Account Manager, whose email address is part of the record, so I just use the Field ID for this.

However, occasionally, especially when an Account Manager is on holiday, we need the email to go elsewhere, but NOT change the email address in the record.

I would love to be able to change the “Recipient” fields to USER EMAIL. However, I can only see the option for USER NAME, which is no good. Is there any way to get the USER EMAIL in the “Recipient” field?

Many thanks,

Terri

Hi,

Since we have several features that can send an email, would you mind to share the tool you’re referring to and share a screenshot regarding:

Hi Terri,

You should be able to switch to select mode when inputting referenced recipient field:

Or you can directly fill in {{FIELD_ID}} to retrieve the email address of a select user field.

Hi Amy,

I want it to be able to send to whoever is using it at that moment. I know I can add a field that shows the User who created it, but I don’t think I can have a field that shows the email address of whoever is viewing it at that moment.

I know I can use {{USER_NAME}} and it fills in the right name of the person I want to send it to, but obviously the name isn’t the same as the email address. Is there the option to add {{USER_EMAIL}} as an recipient without it having to actually appear on the record, in the same way USER_NAME doesn’t?

Thanks,

Terri

Hi,

Currently, there is no way to retrieve “who is viewing this record” when sending an email. Users will need to manually type in the email address if they want to send an email to a specific email address, which is not listed as a field value on the sheet.

Hi Angie,

That doesn’t seem quite right- You can use {{USER_NAME}} so surely it does know who is viewing/using the record at that moment? If User Name is an option, I would have thought it possible for User Email to be an option?

If not, please can you advise how people can type in an email address each time they want to send it? This is sending a custom email via an action button. If I leave the recipient blank in set up, then it doesn’t let me send any email nor input a recipient:

Thanks,

Terri

Hi Angie,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,

Terri

Hi,

The feature just released and you may use the “{{USER_EMAIL}}” to retrieve the user’s email address.

Hi Angie,

This is great, thank you so much! Seems to be working well.

Many thanks,
Terri