"Convert records" automatically run when saved feature?

Hello Ragic team

I love the “Convert records” code. With this feature I can create interfaces that add entries to current databases without having to be really linked.

Sometimes I would like to always convert record. Is there a way to to have “Convert records” to automatically run when saved. This way there is no extra button to push.

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

Usually convert record would only execute once when the record is created, not when every record changes saved. Currently system cannot identify the “save” of the record is for creating new entry or modifying the entry, in this case, it’s not suitable to be able to set up to automatically execute when saved.

I understand. It is not that neccesary anyway.
Thanks

Dear @amy
Good Day,

In reference to the convert once added, is it possible to be processed through a Script? or in Advanced options of the Convert to?

The Idea of this is to reflect a record with it’s status in our Dashboard to be able to monitor all actions. Can you help in providing feedback?

Hi,

To fully understand this use case, could you please provide us with related data examples and your ideal working process for us to refer to first?

Dear @fabio

Let say we have 3 sheet as (A, B and C), the “A” sheet is a dashboard where the employees can see all their related assignments or requests where it will show the approval status and current situation of the inquiry or assignment.

Sheet B and C are different sheets with several information, For example, they’re Forms and Assignment Sheets from different sheets.

What we’re looking for is to show the important data in Sheet “A” whenever there is a new records have been saved in either B or C. the Sheet “A” (DASHBOARD) will help us to monitor all sheets in B and C as well as the employees can see their inquiries in additional it will help us getting more statistics and build a stronger KPI’s.

What we are looking for exactly, a way to be able to convert record form sheet B and C whenever they’re created.

Hello.
I am not a Ragic support member, but I’ll try to help you.

For that situation you could use ‘‘link and load" and "show references from existing sheets’’

In sheet B, you should have an employee field. The field type must be ‘‘select from another sheet’’ which you have linked with an unique field of sheet A (employee name/number i.e.)
Then back in sheet A you go to Form Tools, Show reference from existing sheets. There you insert the fields from sheets B you want to show.

Repeat for sheet C. Then you should have a dashboard on sheet A with subtables from shee B and C. Whenever a record is created in B or C, it will appear in A automatically.

Dear @linkuan

Thank You, but this isn’t the right solution we’re looking to implant in this project. The sheets has different modules, link and load is not a suitable automated solution to move our company into the Ragic (With almost 200 employees to use the data) we would expect too many questions and assisting inquiries to our teams. So, it’s not gonna work for our size!

Thanks for trying to provide a solution! appreciate that!

1 Like

Hi,

In this case, should sheets B and C be subtables in sheet A using reference subtables? That seems like the only way to do so.