Connecting Power BI using publish to web

I’m trying to connected a Ragic sheet to Power BI using publish to web option but I have run into tow issue. The first, if I used the Web Page option it only give me the number of records being display on the listing page. The second using csv option it gives me all the records but when I publish to power bi services I’m not able to auto refresh since the link that Ragic provides is to download a csv file. If some one can point me to the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

Since the issue happened on Power BI, were you able to check with them first to see why the problem existed? We’re not sure if the problem is caused by Ragic or by Power BI.

Hello, I have not check with them at this time. The problem is not only with Power BI. If I try to connect Excel to the Web Option it is not giving any data.

Hi,

Have you tried using Publish to the Web to integrate your Ragic data with other applications? If so, did you find any similar problems?

Hello,

Yes, I try with google sheets and same issue.

Hi,

Could you please provide us with the steps to reproduce the problem on Google Sheets? You may also submit a support ticket so Ragic Support can check this issue privately for you.

Hello,

I did submit a ticket, and for the google sheets the formula requests the url to be csv. So, I have to used the option to csv and not web page to import the data to a google sheet. For excel and Power BI the csv option works. But not having a direct connection means that I have to manually update the power bi reports on the desktop version and then publish.

Hi,

Just wondering, have you submitted a new support ticket or replied to the previous ticket to show us how to reproduce the problem on Google Sheets?

Hello,

Yes, in order to import to google sheet the link for the csv file is need. For Power BI the direct web link can be used but it does not provide all the records so it can’t be use to automatic update reports once they are publish. At this time I’m updating the reports on desktop version and then publish, the process is manually at this time but I’m looking where to stage the data to have direct access to update the publish reports.

Hi,

My colleague Hank has replied to your email suggesting you using CSV when publishing to the web to integrate with Power BI. This is because the webpage option can only integrate the entries in displayed in one page of the listing page.