Conditional Formatting

Hi Jeff,

I tried to set a conditional format such as if delivery date is greater than today’s date then highlight cell. I cannot seem to set today, all I see is before or after in conditional formatting a date field.

Is there a way I can overcome this problem?

Best Regards,

Hari

2 Likes

Hi Hari,

Currently variables like this is not supported yet on conditional formatting. But we do have this work item on our roadmap and it should be supported a few releases down the line.

-Jeff

1 Like

Hi,
I tried to do conditional formatting to show the colour of field value background but when I try login ragic through phone apps the conditional formatting for colour of field value is not showing in the phone apps??

Hi,

Currently, Ragic mobile APP does not support conditional formatting.

Thank you! It would also be nice if we can do one based on another cell’s date. I am wanting to use this in the list view. Example: highlight if this column’s date is later than this column’s date.

Hello, has any work been done on this? I also would also like to use TODAYTZ() as a conditional format, but seem unable to do so.

Hi,

Do you mean that you want to apply conditional formatting in the mobile APP?

No, not on the mobile app.
On the desktop version I want to apply a conditional format that says if a field is today’s date (or earlier), the row is highlighted.

Hi,

From your description, I would say you can achieve this with the steps below:

1. Create a date field with TODAYTZ()
  2. Apply daily formulas recalculation
  3. Create another free text field with conditional formulas to compare the date field you mentioned with the field created in step 1.
  4. Apply the conditional formatting based on the field created in step 3.

Setting “before” or “after” a certain date or “Today”, “This week”, etc is now supported in our conditional formatting!
Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Can this be added to the dynamic filters? For some of my sheets, I need more than the next 365 days (though this has been very helpful for most of my sheets!) so today and after for example. Also, maybe combining options in filters? Like this year and next year.

Thanks!

Hi,

You can apply the filter on the date field in the source sheet with the fixed filter or default filter first. Then, the filter will be applied in the pop-up window of “Select from other sheet” as well.

Hello, I am new here so please forgive me if this is a silly question but I’m trying to get a cell to change the background colour if it does not match a value in another cell. In my case, I am comparing the manual input sum value of a group of data to a system counted group of data so that the staff member can have a visual warning if her inputs are incomplete. it’s basically a double-check method and I want it to light up red if she has not entered all of the data and green when she does. I can’t seem to do it in conditional format and I cant see a formula for it.

In case they do not add this as a feature anytime soon, you can try this:

• Make a field that will compare these two fields.
  • You can call it something like “Same?” or “Different?” or however you like
  • If you do something like “Same?” then use the formula below. Change the G10 & G11 to the two fields you are comparing.
    IF(G10.RAW==G11.RAW,“Yes”,“No”))
  • For the conditional format, have it apply the color settings you want for when the comparison field is yes, and another setting for when it is no.

Let me know if you need further explanation on my idea!

IMPORTANT - If you paste this formula from here, you need to retype the quotation marks. For some reason, once my text is posted, the marks change to ones that are upside down from each other, so they won’t match in Ragic. Picture below

3 Likes