Additional User Type - Anonymous

Can we please have a new user type for anonymous only users (ie not logged-in)?

My project only has external users (apart from one internal admin user). I have some basic sheet versions that EVERYONE can view and other more detailed sheets that only X-USER can view.

When a non-logged in user visits my dashboard links to the EVERYONE sheets are visible. When a logged-in X-USER visits the dashboard links to EVERYONE and X-USER sheets are visible.

What I would like is for the links to basic sheets to be hidden when a user is logged in. An additional type of ANONYMOUS would be great - for sheet versions to be visible ONLY when a user is not logged in.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

But in this case, external users can decide not to log in to be able to view this sheet, which did not really solve the problem I think.

That’s correct Amy.

Say I have two sheet versions: One called Basic (for EVERYONE type) and the other called Detailed (for X-User type).

Currently:
Person not logged-in sees: Basic.
Person logged-in sees: Basic & Detailed.

What I want is:
Person not logged-in sees: Basic.
Person logged-in sees: Detailed.

There may still be a use-case for the current behaviour so a new user type of ANONYMOUS would cater for what I want. ie EVERYONE = non-logged-in and logged-in users can see, X-USER = only logged in external users can see, ANONYMOUS = only users NOT logged in can see.

Hope this explains it more clearly.

Cheers

I feels that this feature is less “access right configuration”, because it does not change if a person “can” see a sheet or not. This is more like if the system admin would like to “hide” sheets from a certain group of people to make the account menu simpler?

Is my understanding of this suggestion correct?

Hi Jeff,

This is more like if the system admin would like to “hide” sheets from a certain group of people to make the account menu simpler?

I think we are probably talking about the same thing. Currently, the EVERYONE group does not differentiate between people who are known to Ragic (ie logged in X-Users and Users) and those who, for the time being, are not known to Ragic (because they are not logged in - i.e anonymous).

A sheet available only to ANONYMOUS group should not be seen by logged-in users (except admin). So yes, I think your understanding is correct.

My experience is in website building where we would usually have ANONYMOUS for non-logged in users, ADMIN for administrators and then whatever other logged-in access levels are needed. I think Ragic approaches it from the other direction because it is intended for business and company internal processes with the expectation users should generally log-in first.

My use-case is set up more like a website. I can work around there not being an ANONYMOUS user group but it would make it easier if there was (or an alternate way of hiding a sheet from users who are logged in)

Ragic is excellent and very flexible though and there are very few issues considering it’s not an actual website builder. It does an excellent job.

Cheers