Last modified in reference to specific field

Hi,

I know how to add a field that shows the last time the whole record was modified. Is their any way, by a setting or a formula, to show the last time a specific field was updated?

Thanks!

Terri

Hi Terri,

This can be done by setting default value.

Hi, sorry I’m probably missing it, but I can’t figure out how to link it to another field?

Essentially, I would like a field that shows me the date that just the Status field was updated, not when the last change in the record was. Can you give some more advice please?

Thanks,

Terri

Hi Terri,

Sorry that currently there’s no feature can record the last updated date & time to a certain field.

Hi Terri,

May I ask if supporting right-click to check field value modification history would be helpful in your case? Or please let us know the use case that you would need to record it in a field.

Thank you!

Hi Amy,

I don’t think it would be that helpful- we want to be able to run a report of reports that have had their status changed in the last X period of time, and I guess if it’s a right click option it wouldn’t appear in any reports?

We update different fields on the records quite regularly, so just using the generic “record updated” field doesn’t give us the information we need.

Thanks,

Terri

Hi,

This is exactly what I want (Although I think I’m also fine with it replacing the value as opposed to adding to it each time), but I can’t see from your post how you have achieved it. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Terri

Hi, Terri
My post was just to say the way “using JavaScript”, by which we could record the field last update,
sorry, it’s not the tools of form design. but you can refer the javascipt code below, and change for your side .

//Post-workflow//
var myForm={
field1Id:1001389,
field1UpdateId:1001390,
field2Id:1001392,
field2UpdateId:1001393,
};

var current_time_string=date2str(new Date(), ‘yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss’)

data_check(myForm.field1Id,myForm.field1UpdateId);
data_check(myForm.field2Id,myForm.field2UpdateId);

function data_check(fieldId,fieldUpdateId){
if ( param.getNewValue(fieldId)!=param.getOldValue(fieldId) ){
var recordId = param.getNewNodeId(1001391);//key_field_id_of_form
var query = db.getAPIQuery(’/demo/4’);//path_of_form
var entry = query.getAPIEntry(recordId);
var history=entry.getFieldValue(fieldUpdateId);
entry.setFieldValue(fieldUpdateId,history+param.getOldValue(fieldId)+’ > ‘+param.getNewValue(fieldId)+’ @’+current_time_string+’ By: ‘+user.getUserName()+’\r\n’ );
entry.save();
}
}

//usage:date2str(new Date(), ‘yyyy/MM/dd hh:mm:ss’)
function date2str(x, y) {
//account.getTimeZoneOffsetInHours();getTimeZoneOffset() in milliseconds.
var offset = account.getTimeZoneOffsetInHours();
x.setUTCHours(x.getUTCHours() + offset);

var z = {
M: x.getUTCMonth() + 1,
d: x.getUTCDate(),
h: x.getUTCHours(),
m: x.getUTCMinutes(),
s: x.getUTCSeconds()
};

y = y.replace(/(M+|d+|h+|m+|s+)/g, function(v) {
return ((v.length > 1 ? “0” : “”) + eval(‘z.’ + v.slice(-1))).slice(-2)
});

return y.replace(/(y+)/g, function(v) {
return x.getUTCFullYear().toString().slice(-v.length)
});
}

Hi Terri,

Sorry for the late reply! After discussing about it with our development team, seems that there will be some technical difficulties to implement this feature as an option of our default value. However, our developers help providing a simple script for you to add to achieve this.
You may refer to this instruction:

And feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or need any assistances.

Hi Amy Many thanks that you guys finding out the way to solve problem. But when I tried it seems do not work well.
Could you please check it, I’m quite pretty sure that I did it absolutely like you guideline
Many thanks,

Hi,

Would you please submit a ticket through “Need Help” at upper right corner in your database and let us know on which sheet (sheet url) and field you have written this script for but it’s not working, and click “Grant Access to Ragic Support Team” red button for us to look into your database for you?

Thanks!