Shared view embed links / parameters

Embedding a ‘fixed view’ version of a sheet into a website or in my case a secure extranet works well. Separate tabs are being used for each set of filtered records based on meaningful, pre-defined filter criteria that I set keeping it nice and simple.

However this approach requires the creation of an additional version for each of my extranet tabs, which is tiresome to manage.

To keep things a simple as possible, providing my users with an embed of a filtered set of records which I’ve saved as a ‘shared view’ would be fantastic. Negating the need for fixed view multi-version management.

Thanks
Shane

1 Like

We are currently working on parameterizing the views so that you can use simple URL parameters to change the view that the user is on. We should be able to apply this functionality to web embeds so that you can choose a view to embed. Thank you for your suggestion!

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Do you have an timescales for the parameter controlled embedd. This is extremely useful to avoid creating loads of fixed view versions to my end users …

Thanks
Shane

Hi Jeff,
Are there any updates on the parameter controlled embed? … Its becoming a much needed feature for the amount of views I would ideally like to embed.

Thanks
Shane

Hi,
Just interested to see if this is anywhere close before I take the more long-winded view of creating multiple versions to achieve this?

Thanks
Shane

I’ve checked with our developers. The parameter support is now ready. We’re just waiting on the last step of adding the support for this to our Web embed configuration interfaces.