Problems re Column width and printing

In design mode I have extended the column span for my data and it looks fine on the design
template. When I come to print a report in Landscape the columns have not extended.

Hi John,

Would you mind sharing with us some screenshots of the issue?
It would be helpful if you can take screenshots of the following:

1. The field design under design mode
  2. The field displayed under browsing mode (exit design mode)
  3. The field displayed in your report (please let us know which report function it is)

Thanks!

I think I have a similar problem - my reports have a fixed column width and any “text heavy” cells end up being very long. Is there a way to alter the column width on a report (like you do in the design mode)?

1 Like

Hi,

Would you mind sharing with us some further information and a screenshot of the issue?
It would be helpful if you can provide below information for us to refer to:

1. A screenshot of the issue
  2. Let us know which report tool you are using with

Thanks!

Grouping report. capture%20example|553x433.

Can I alter the column width (i.e. so that columns with more text in the cell have a wider column width)

I cannot see or download the screenshot you provided. Would you please provide us with another one?

Hello John,
Did you solve this problem you were having with Ragic column width when printing?
Thanks,
Andy

Hello certaintyip,
Did you solve this problem you were having with Ragic column width when printing?
Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy - no, the only work around was to remove any cells with large amounts of text from the report - this is far from ideal as it makes the report a little pointless if you can’t have all the data you want in it…

HI Amy, it difficult to provide screenshots as some of the data is confidential - the problem is that each column width is fixed in the report - is there a way of having a bespoke column width in a report?

the report tool is the grouping report

Hi guys, does these fields have an especially wide column width on the listing page or the form page? Perhaps we could fetch the column width configuration on these two places for the grouping report to determine the appropriate column width.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, they contain about 300 characters or so