External vs Internal users

Hello everyone,

What would you say is the main difference between External users and Internal users?
I´ve read that, for example, External users can have Survey or View permissions. Any other difference beside that? For example,

What about top buttons like Mail Merge?

If enabled, do they still have access to action buttons located at the bottom of sheet like Send Custom Email?

I´d appreciate your comments.

Hi,

You may refer to this article regarding limited feature access for external users in Ragic:
(The access of most features under Tool menu can be configured through feature access settings.)

However, mail merge is a bit special that configuration is under tool menu, and there will be an action button created at lower right corner as well, which is different from all other action buttons you design from sheet design mode so that you cannot configure access for it (no matter from feature access setting or action button additional setting.)

For configuring access of send custom email action button, you will need to refer to this article instead:
(Additional settings for action buttons you can configure under sheet design mode.)

Thanks Amy,

So how to deal with Mail Merge? This is a really cool feature, but what if a user deletes the template? There should be a middle point between no access or total access. I read this one:

Any recommendations or workaround?

Thanks for your comments.

Hi,

Currently only the internal users with download listing or form feature access can set up and delete the mail merge templates.

Hello Amy,

Maybe I´m doing something wrong but I have another user with X-user permissions.
He can see Edit the Template button and Create a Template link.

What could I do?

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it should be that only the internal users with download listing or form feature access can set up and delete the mail merge templates.

Would you please check if the system log of your user is “External”?

That´s why. The user is internal.

Thanks!